Sunday, August 18, 2013

Day 18: Wisdom, Funny, Brothers

Okay, I know, I've been horrible at my own challenge lately... but starting a new job and having my mother-in-law here have been making things a little hard. But I'm not complaining because I'm so grateful I have a job now and got to see my beautiful mother-in-law for a while!

Back to business.

The best thing my mom told me when I was younger was that

"You marry who you date."

or

"You're an odd duck."

Haha. It's true though! When I was dating Sean, I was told this often and I kept it in mind. When Sean and I would argue or be upset, I would remember that and figure that everything would be okay when we got married because it was never something I would be upset about for very long. We hardly ever argue and people kept telling us we would. Not saying we don't but we just remember the more important things and move on. I love Sean.

She also told me I was an odd duck and I'm cool with that. I'm different and I know it and I'll work it.

Check out Ellie's blog  here: http://elliehuey.tumblr.com/post/58378065229/abode
Seriously, guys, this girl is cool.

I have a funny story. So Sean and his brothers, his brother's wife, and his mom and I went to Gilgal garden in SLC yesterday and it was so pretty and had delicious grapes and we had so much fun there and, at one point, we met another family whose sons were interested in our game of 'catch the grape in your mouth' and we had a ton of fun telling jokes and grape tossing.

This leads into what was supposed to be my yesterday post about my favorite joke.
I have a few:

What do you call a fake noodle?
- an imPASTA!

How do you throw a space party?
- you PLANET!

What does a fish say when it swims into a wall?
-DAM!

What do you call a jack-o-lantern bandaid?
-a PUMPKIN PATCH!

What do you call an alligator in a vest?
-an INVESTIGATOR!

and then this picture makes me laugh every time:


EVERY TIME!!!!

haha.

Okay, one last thing and I'll be on my way:
I'm sorry I missed telling you about the live-chat with the Scott brothers from Property Brothers via their twitters... Anyway... I'm horrible. BUT! Make sure you watch the finale next Sunday night!

love, Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment