Sunday, July 31, 2011
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Sunday, July 24, 2011
Friday, July 22, 2011
yeah! i can arts. I am arts. well... sortof. I'm also English (you know.. the grammar/phonetic version. not the "pip, cheerio, and tea and all that" kind of English.)
blah blah blah
Monday, July 18, 2011
Anyway. back to being a blog. or whatever.
Basically, what I want to say is, this summer is 100% better than last summer in a hundred ways. i'd name those ways but it's night, no suprise, and i don't actually think i could do that what with me not wanting to bore you to tears and all.
I'll just say these things
in a bulleted list!
- I have done way way more this summer even though i definitely have gone less places. which sounds weird, but even with not going to girl's camp, i'm still doing way more things with cool peeps.
- I'm not sitting around staring at a tv all the time. I'm definitely not saying i've stopped watching tv... but i'm definitely not only watching it.
- I'm listening to much more music.
- I'm becoming a peggle-master (shut up, mom and abby. i'm still working on it. BECOMING is the key word there)
- I'm definitely shopping much more. shopping does not mean spending money. you know me and my love of thrift. plus, even if it's a sweater or something i always say something like "this'll be great in college!"
- speaking of college, i figured out my first month's rent. which is pretty managable. i am hoping to invest in a good laptop (sorry, lappy, but you're just not cutting it what with your slowness and small storage and poor battery power and the fact that you're the size of a human infant.) with some of the leftovers after books and food and stuvs. lucky me i got a tons of household necessities for my birfday! cool. now i don't have to pay for those.
- Oh, Teresa and me bought 2 boxes of mac and a box of muffin mix today for under 2 dollars. fro serious! that's like a whole day's worth of food (muffin for breakfast, mac for lunch, muffin for snack, mac and muffin for dinner, muffin for dessert) for the price of one meal. awesome. i'll rock at college.
- uhm. oh, yeah. still on the job-hunt. So i think i'm moving down either the 12th or the 19th and then getting a job and getting settled in and all that so i can pay for the second month's rent (which will definitely be cheaper than the first month's with the cleaning deposit, but not by too much) and the next month's.
- here's hoping i can get my books used for cheap. please bless.
- oh. there's not really much use for a bulleted list for half of this.. but still. it's funner to read like that.
Anyway, Happy Summer, all. And Dear Miss Erin, we miss you greatly here and want you to come back swiftly and safely. Love, all of us.
Oh, and i took this pic of me. this was just before i cut my bangs. so yeah cool and stuff.
Friday, July 15, 2011
Oh, my. Just look at his beautiful face and gorgeous teeth and wonderful eyes and his super handsome suit. i just love it. And he's a HERO! not just to me, but Harry Potter and his mates.
ugh. why can't i like be his best friend and then girl friend and then wife and eternal partner? (yeah, i'll have to convert him. shouldn't be too hard though... right?)
On another note that's kind of the same not but a different blah blah blah. My brain keeps thinking in British. seriously. Didn't think that could happen? try excess amounts of Beatles, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Harry Potter, Charlie McDonnell, and the Georgia Nicholson book series. So now my brain says things like "mum" and "snogging" and "nervy spaz" and "mates" and that. and it accidentally said bloody but i don't think that counts as a swear because it's in my brain and we're actually in America, not England. whatever.
Anyway, it was great. and I'm awake before noon on the day after the midnight showing where i got to bed at 3:20. but it was worth it.
oh, and another thing that is not on that note at all.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TWO OF MY BESTEST CHUMS
HANNAH and LEXI! I hope your day is filled to the maximum brim with fun and happy things and presents and the likes. You know, party it up. You don't turn 18 or 16 every day! So kick it into gear and rock it. or whatever people say these days.
Monday, July 11, 2011
I'm getting into Harry Potter (sometimes I accidentally think i'm funny and call him Happy Router because that's how it comes up with T9 texting and it's funny.).
I know, right? I've been so against it my whole life. I would try to go with it and everyone would just start bombarding me with "YOU HAVEN'T READ IT YET?" and "I have the whole set of books, you can borrow them." or they'd just go on and on about it. basically ruining the whole series for me anyway. so there was no reason to read them, because i knew almost all you needed to know with it to be a part of any conversation.
Ugh. this is making me not want to like it again... i'm still trying to ease myself into it. I don't want to talk about how great the books are compared to the movies or why the 5th book is boring or great or why you think it's stupid how ron does this or neville is whatever. I DON'T CARE. I'm not going to start comparing myself with the characters either. I don't really care what house i'd belong to or if I would be with or against whoever or whatever.
I'm letting myself enjoy them through the movies as if there were no books or fads or obsessors or anything. I don't want to be put down by those who know every little detail there is about all the charactersI'll be the first to admit, i'm a slow reader. I don't want to take all the time to go through all the books when i could be reading something else or doing homework. Plus, they'd ruin the movies for me.
But here are the things I will say about Harry Potter:
- they are just the kind of movie I like: action adventure with romantic twists.
- I love Neville (yeah, shut up. I tend to go for the nerdy guys who know magic (no, really. the last 2 guys i dated knew magic.)).
- I LOVE GARY OLDMAN. yeah, he's old. So is George Clooney but that doesn't stop anyone. I love him as Sirius and as Lieutenant Gordon (Dark Knight) and he's just an amazing actor.
- It's fun to be apart of something. Now that I can talk a little about it, i'm definitely feeling like i can be accepted into "society" again.
- Now i have something else to do this summer! or at least this week... i'm going to the midnight showing of the very last one in a couple days, thanks to Emily's birthday gift, and i have to dress up. which i'm not thrilled about... but i guess it's all for the cause. I have this hideous blonde wig.. so i'm thinking i'll just wear that, a flowy teeshirt and some capri's and no shoes and just be Luna Lovegood. sounds easy enough....
Anyway.. before i sick myself of Harry Potter.. i'm going to tell you about my good news! I cleaned my room today! I cleaned out a bunch of junk from drawers but i'm far from being rid of it all. mainly because i just don't want to throw some of it away because it could go to something better. like the DI or a charity or something.
BUT THAT'S NOT THE BEST NEWS! So, when i was helping Abby with her girl's camp braiding party, the mail came and guess what was waiting for me? MY AP SCORES! (friggin' finally... sheesh). And Here's what I got from worst to best:
English Lit: 2
English Lang: 3
I seriously never thought i could do that well on a test ever. plus i'm pretty sure i faked all over those essays... but still a 5! I'm so proud of myself.
and before I absolutely close, i just have some ranting i need to get over with. skip if you wish.OH MY CUSS. Dear blogger.com, will you stop being such a piece of crap? Honestly, I can't stop having problems with you. first, it's that you won't post my blogs as paragraphs and now you won't let me comment or follow anyone else's blog. don't be such a bum. love, ellen.
good night or morning or day or whatever.
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
I'll start from the beginning. logical, i know.
So yesterday was my birthday (technically 2 days ago because i'm posting at night again, no suprise) and I woke up at 7 and got ready and went down to UVU. after waiting, getting lost, and having a mental breakdown, we finally got to our meeting. We sat down and discussed my major and what classes I needed to take. I got registered (French, Environmental Management, English 201H, and American Lit to 1865). Then! I went to the financial aid department and got my scholarship! Best start to a birthday ever!.
Then we went to Noodles and Company for lunch - yum. came home and i think i have a nasty habit of falling asleep in the car when there's no stimulating conversation. i can't help it! anyway.. got home and opened 45 presents from my parents and Abby. A picnic basket filled with essential living things (from medicine to tools to hygiene to cleaning supplies) and a pillow and some towels.
Waited a while and then went to Daniel's house. We watched Pride and Predjudice and he made me a cake (yum! Thanks, Daniel!). Then we got a pizza and some pop, went back and ate. I left and picked up Emily and then went to Scott's suprise party. We sat around and chatted to a couple people. everyone ate but i already had. plus it was kinda awkward cuz it was his birthday too. anyway, they were nice enough and put 3 candles in what was left of the cake for me to blow out. then the lights went out, my old friend Lilly came, and we danced. and everyone left the pavillion. where we were dancing. they just stood on the outer edges! What? okay.. anyway...
I left and went back to Daniel's house and watched the last 1/2 hour of P&P and told them about the party. then I took Teresa to my house and we looked at my gifts and then I took her home.
AND THAT'S NOT EVEN THE HALF OF IT!!!
Today started out pretty normal. I woke up at like 11 and went upstairs. I sat around and watched tv... Abby came home with blue hair (oh, yeah. did I say I dyed some of my hairs purple? it's kinda fading already but i have some purple left over to redye it.), and my mom said "just go get ready." so i did. and then i sat around for a while. ate some watermelon. Grandpa came over and gave me some money (THANKS!) and we visited and we're going boating sometime. then i get a call from Karlie. "Hey, me and Jaycee just bought some kites and we were wondering if you and Abby wanted to come fly them with us" "SUre!" "k, i'll be there in 5"
She comes, Abby packs a camera, i find more kites just in case. We get in her car and drive to the park. I get out and SUPRISE!!!!!!!!!!! All my friends (minus Miss Erin who's in Florida (but i did recieve a call from her on my real birthday)) were there and they had cakes and soda and chips and tons of fun things to do and gifts and it was so great!! We played frisbee, catch phrase, twister, took some pics, danced, ate, and it was ultimately the best party I ever went to.
I am so grateful to have such wonderful friends who think of me and I couldn't ask for anything better! I was seriously giving up on my birthday all together, but they definitely pulled it out of the trash and made it amazing. I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!!!!!
And that's how I had the best birthday ever.
Now onto the not-so-whatever bit called the other news.
So this summer started out with me and a summer romance. After a bit of fun, i went on vacation and everything kinda came tumbling down (not due to the vacation, i'm sure, but still. that's when it happened.). He stopped talking to me and we never hung out and it was just a bummer. Then, at the party last night, he talked to me. and it was so awkward. I've basically just gotten mostly over him (after a 19 page text and a breakdown) and i realized we'd probably never hang out again. Then, tonight, i get a text with him saying he's having a breakdown and is just so busy and wanting me to define things. so i say "I figured a summer romance" and he says "thanks. now it won't be awkward." and i think "probably..."
and that's the news.
And now i'm just content.
Thanks again to my friends and family and UVU for making my 18th the best birthday ever. I love you all!
Sunday, July 3, 2011
I made cookies! And i came up with the recipe! It's kind of a personal spin on a different recipe but i'm still gonna say i came up with it. And i don't have a name for these babies yet and if you think of one, i'll use it.
1 box Dark Chocolate Fudge cake mix (you could probably just use any chocolate cake mix, this is just the one we had on hand and it was delicious)
About 1/3 cup oil
Between 1/4 and 1/3 cup milk (depending on the consistency you're looking for)
1/2 cup peanut butter (i actually used a little less than that because we only had 1/2 jar and it was the good kind but i think 1/2 cup is ideal)
1: put all the ingredients in a bowl.
2: mix it up well and make sure it's the consistency you want it. I like my cookies soft but it's totally up to you.
3: Bake at 350* for about 12 - 14 minutes (again, based on preference)
4: take them out, let them cool, eat.
For added tastiness, spread some peanut butter on the top (or, if you have a good peanut butter frosting recipe, use that. i don't know one, so i'd just go straight for it.)
I promise, they're delicious. I ate like 3 today. You might want some milk with them, because they're kinda rich.
Also, Happy Birthday, America! Hope it's kick-butt.