Monday, August 26, 2013

Day 26: Quirky

I had an assignment in a creative writing class I took in college to list 10 of our quirks and I went way above and beyond.... whoops.

I'll just post my assignment from that. It'd just be easier.



  • I organize organize organize. The only problem is I love re-organizing more  which doesn't make much sense... 
  • I have hypothetical conversations too often. 
  • I have a post-it note collection and it's one of my favorite things to remember things with (if that makes any sense).
  • I'm bad at story-telling. I've had too many people tell me "Are you done?" at the end of 
  • I have an eyeglasses collection. 5 pairs is much too much for someone whose prescription is hardly strong. 
  • I drink a lot of milk. I could probably drink a gallon a day without trying. 
  • I like having my hair be short. I like having it like 2 or 3 inches long the most. But I also like doing things with long hair and wearing hats... It's really complicated.
  • I like reading but I'm incredibly slow at it. 
  • I love old things. Old music is my favorite, I love antiques and antique prints, and I married older than me! (by 9 years)
  • I like doing art. I'm an amateur painter and I like sculpting. I'm actually pretty good at making jewelry and I'm working on my drawing skills.
  • I'm afraid of boys. I've never had a blood brother (I have brothers-in-law now) and I've only dated one other guy besides my husband. When boys try to flirt with me, I bring Sean up early in the conversation because they weird me out. 
  • I like making lists. To-do lists, packing lists, etc. 
  • I'm horrible at planning parties. I'll bring cupcakes but don't make me plan it. 
  • I'm bad at cooking. I can do it but I'm not great. Also, washing dishes is gross but I'll do it if I don't have to cook. 
  • I love animals. I've had a cat for my entire life (3 different ones until I moved out). I have a kitty now named Erma Gerd and a ball python named Reggie. When my husband and I have a house we'll get a little dog for me and a big dog for him and we'll still have Erma and Reggie. 
  • I accidentally love watching horrible television. Toddlers and Tiaras is great and so is My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. Ew but great.
Okay. I'll be on my way now. 
love, Ellen


3 comments:

  1. Ellen, the more I learn about you the more I realize we have in common! Such as:

    We're both bad cooks, we both collect eyeglasses, and our love for organizing/antiques/lists/animals/and bad TV! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right! The only thing different, I think, is that I LOVE getting my hair cut. It's like a massage. It's like you're the Canadian me! haha.

      Delete
  2. :-)

    http://elliehuey.tumblr.com/post/59444682752/idiosyncrasies

    ReplyDelete