Saturday, August 3, 2013

Day 3: Craziest Thing

Here's a fun fact about me you might not know: I don't do crazy things. I don't like heights and the thought of falling terrifies me, so I pretty much stay in one place. However, I have done some absolutely insane things that are just stupid, mostly.

Throwback to March 2012. I had been dating Sean for a month when he invited me to go to Phoenix with him to meet his family (minus his older brother & sister-in-law). Like a crazy person, I was excited to go. We left in his brother's car with some random girl from Brady's past at about 6 pm and then the car broke down and we drove 35 MILES AN HOUR for the rest of the trip, getting us there at 8 in the morning. It was a nightmare. 

Then I met his family and that was great because they are great people and it was fun, even though that random girl was uncomfortably flirting with Brady the whole time. The second day we were there (or so, it's all kind of a messy jumble of events), Sean's grandma, who was in Phoenix at that time, insisted we went on a hike in the desert. Sean's dad had said he'd buy "everyone" clif bars and then he only bought 4 for a group of 10 people. We each had a smallish water bottle. 

So essentially what I'm telling you is that I went with a bunch of strangers and a guy I had a crush on on a walk in the desert without food or water. 

Not only that, but after  that walk (when we realized our stomachs were eating themselves) we went to a hellish tourist trap called Tortilla Flats and wandered around, got HANGRY (def.: so hungry you start biting people's heads off) and decided to go to another hellish place called Organ Stop where a large organ rises out of the floor and plays crappy show tunes while you eat sad pizza on picnic tables. WORST.

I think I've told this story before but it's probably the most insane thing I've done.  So here it is again.
love, Ellen

p.s. Check out my sister-in-laws post at her blog - katieandbrady.wordpress.com
And Ellie's post -http://elliehuey.tumblr.com/post/57264526864/creatures

2 comments: