Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Day 21: Letter

Hi, Future Ellen!

I've always had a weird time writing future self letters. I'd usually ask if I had a boyfriend or a brother... Here's the thing, I have a husband now. I imagine you (future self) would still be married to him and getting ready to have kids or possibly chasing a little one or two around by the time you read this (because someone... mhhmm... forgot to set a future date to read this. We'll say I'll read this in 5 years.

I realize now that no matter how much you plan out your future, there's always something else that's going to happen so I'm not going to ask you questions. How are you supposed to answer them anyway?

Right now in my life, I just started working at Daylight Donuts and it's been a lot of fun. I work more hours than my cafe job and I get better pay so it's all around better! Plus I get all the donuts I want (within reason) and I just really like it. I don't know where I will be in a year when we plan on moving out of our teensy apartment without laundry, dishwasher/disposal... I hope you're remembering this place with fond memories because it's kind of a pain trying to store all of our stuff here right now.

I can't wait to buy a house. I want to be able to personalize it and have a real place to call home for longer than a year or two. OH. Something I'm really excited for is our trip to Oregon next summer for Abby's graduation. I can't wait until Sean and I can spend some time on the beach together (as you can probably tell from my past posts this month...). I hope this new job will get us enough spare cash that we can go somewhere fun for our 1 year anniversary/second chance honeymoon but I'm not getting my hopes too high.

It's really weird right now not going back to school with everyone. I can't wait to go back to school to be an interior designer but for now, it's weird not planning on going to classes and taking tests. I don't even know.

Erma turned one year old this month. She's still got some kitten problems like random arm attacks and pushing all her water on the floor, but at least she's a little more grown up from when she would just attack me every time  I moved anything. She's also getting better at allowing us to pet her, which is nice.

I think that's all I want to write for now. I'm pretty sure you can gather from former posts where else I am in my life but it's always nice to hear from your former self, usually.

love, Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment