Friday, May 31, 2013

May 31: Vivid

I remember nearly a year and a half ago, I had a HUGE crush on this guy. The night before, I had driven him to the local Subway to have dinner with a few of our friends. When I dropped him off outside his apartment, I casually asked him if he was going to our friend Jayme's to watch Land Before Time the next night. He said "Sure".

The next night, I showed up early with a backpack full of homework and high hopes. A couple people trickled in and then Sean knocked on the door. I opened it and let him in and freaked out a little (just in my head. On the outside, I was as cool as a cuke).

Eventually, we had the movie in and the popcorn ready. I had to kick this tall, awkward guy from the seat that was too wide to be a 1-person chair and too small to be a love-seat and then I sat down. Sean sauntered over and then he said something and sat down right next to me. SWOON. The movie started and not 3 minutes in, he had my hand in his and I was on the brink of peeing my pants from excitement (but still, on the outside, cool as a cuke).

We watched the movie (that, to be honest, I'd only seen at my granny's house while playing with Chevron cars) and chatted a bit afterwards. Everyone left and it was just me, Sean, and Jayme (and maybe Jayme's roommate Jamie, who I think had gone to bed by that point). Sean wondered what we were going to do next and I suggested we went back to his place and I'll finish up some homework while he worked on his book. My ploy to get him to fall for me was a success!

We wandered across the complex and up to his apartment and we went in. We sat down on his demon couch and I pulled out Walden by Henry David Thoreau and he pulled out his baby-sized laptop. After an awkward choke-hold-esque situation, we finally found a comfy position and went to work. That obviously didn't last long and we ended the night making out.

He walked me home and kissed me on my doorstep. SWOON. 5 months of dating, 3 months of engagement, and 8 months of marriage later, I swoon just as often. And tonight, we're probably going to buy groceries and I'll tell him I tried making kool-aid taffy but didn't have a candy thermometer, ran to get one, it broke when I pulled it out of the package, I still used what I could, and it still didn't turn out.

I hope the last day of your month turns out better than my kool-aid taffy.
love, Ellen

1 comment:

  1. awh this was such a cute post :) perfect to end the challenge with :)

    http://magicinacupcake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete