Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May 29: Soundtrack

okay... so I've been gone for a while (according to the every day blog thing) but I'm back. So today I gotta find 5 songs that "speak to me". What about songs that I just love? Or that have been stuck in my head lately? Let's go with that. Also, excuse the vids... none are gonna be that great.

Here we go:

#1:Broken Heart by Motion City Soundtrack - Lately, this song is the one that I bust a move to. It just gets me excited and in a dance-y mood.

#2: Synesthesia by Andrew Mcmahon - It's such a good song and I LOVE that it's called synesthesia because it means to be able to see colors and shapes when you hear things and that's included in the lyrics! I love how smart it is.

#3: Diane Young by Vampire Weekend - I love the beat and the sound of this song on their newest album Modern Vampires of the City (which is a pretty great album in it's entirety). It's just so easy to listen to and fun. I recommend it.

#4: Elegy for Elsabet by The Weakerthans - I love this song. It's so good to listen to on a rainy day. If you're not gonna listen to all of it, which I understand, at least listen from 4:30 because they use a whirly tube and it's SO good. So well done.

#5: Lions by I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business - This is just a beautiful song in itself. I can't wait for I Can Make A Mess to come out with their next album to come out on June 11, 2013.

ENJOY! Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY LIL SISTER ABBY YESTERDAY! 17 years old is too old. Go back to being 13. I can handle that. (jk, obvs. love ya, abzzz)

okay. Have a good last 3 days of May!
love, Ellen


1 comment:

  1. I'd never heard of Andrew McMahon until now, and I quite like that song so I will be checking out some more of his stuff. Thank you for introducing me to something new :)

    ReplyDelete