Thursday, May 2, 2013

May 2: Know It All

On Saturday, I'm getting my hair cut off. I'm going from 10 inches to maybe 2 or 3 inches at it's longest. I really can't wait. 
Here is how you cut your hair (for all of you interested in getting it off but still nervous about what it would look like):

1: Find a look that you like and think you could do in 5 minutes in the morning. A good way to go about doing this is pinterest search or google "short hair cuts for women" and then browse through your options. 

2: Set a goal to do it. The last time I cut it all off, I just up and did it. This time, however, it was a little bit harder because I had worked so long and hard to get my hair to be long. A good end date for your goal might be something like a: When school ends, b: When I run out of shampoo, c: Saturday, etc.

3: Make an appointment with your barber. This is crucial because you shouldn't be doing such drastic things to your hair without the help of a professional. Also, make sure it's someone you trust and have been to before. It's a big deal for you and you don't want some beauty school amateur chopping at your scalp with scissors. (No offense intended, beauty school people) Another thing, you want to tell your barber that it might take a while so they can schedule enough time to get it right.

4: Take a copy of the photo you previously found and give it to your barber. This helps solidify your idea and make you look fabulous. 

5: Sit back and relax. For me, getting a haircut is the most relaxing massage ever. And then when your hair cut is finished...

6: Ta da! New hair! A fresh start for your hair and an easy way to cool down in the summer. Enjoy!

love, ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment