Thursday, May 16, 2013

May 16: Lots

I don't know if I would say I have a very difficult life. I found a husband young, I did well in school, I have some friends, I don't go hungry, I have nice things... However, if I were to say I had a 'lot in my life' I would say that I'm almost always either sick or injured.

Let me explain. I have allergies and just tend to be sick often. I either have tummy troubles or girl problems or a cold or any number of things. They usually don't last all that long, maybe a couple of days but then while I'm not feeling 100%, I hurt myself. It's not always a bad injury, mostly just small cuts and bruises from being klutzy or my demon cat scratching me or being an idiot with my razor or paper cuts or head bonks from walking into doors... any number of things.

For example, last Saturday I had a run-in with the concrete when the skateboard got frustrated with my inexperience and I incurred a baseball-sized bruise on my left hip. Then on Sunday night, I spent a lot of the time I should have been sleeping either throwing up or enduring nausea with a stomach bug I probably got from someone at work or something.

Similarly, a couple months ago I had a similar stomach bug and then stupidly got my foot squished in the la-z-boy. Ironic, right?

And that's my lot. I'll be fine, it's nothin' I can't handle.

"I'm a tough girl... I lace my own sandals and everything." - Megara (Hercules)

love, Ellen

This is me when I was sick sometime last year and then fell asleep on Sean's lap while he watched Transformers. 

1 comment:

  1. How adorable is that picture? awwhh not that you were sick tho...

    ReplyDelete