Monday, July 11, 2011

Ok, Siriusly.

No. Seriously Sirius.

I'm getting into Harry Potter (sometimes I accidentally think i'm funny and call him Happy Router because that's how it comes up with T9 texting and it's funny.).

I know, right? I've been so against it my whole life. I would try to go with it and everyone would just start bombarding me with "YOU HAVEN'T READ IT YET?" and "I have the whole set of books, you can borrow them." or they'd just go on and on about it. basically ruining the whole series for me anyway. so there was no reason to read them, because i knew almost all you needed to know with it to be a part of any conversation.

Ugh. this is making me not want to like it again... i'm still trying to ease myself into it. I don't want to talk about how great the books are compared to the movies or why the 5th book is boring or great or why you think it's stupid how ron does this or neville is whatever. I DON'T CARE. I'm not going to start comparing myself with the characters either. I don't really care what house i'd belong to or if I would be with or against whoever or whatever.

I'm letting myself enjoy them through the movies as if there were no books or fads or obsessors or anything. I don't want to be put down by those who know every little detail there is about all the charactersI'll be the first to admit, i'm a slow reader. I don't want to take all the time to go through all the books when i could be reading something else or doing homework. Plus, they'd ruin the movies for me.

But here are the things I will say about Harry Potter:


  1. they are just the kind of movie I like: action adventure with romantic twists.

  2. I love Neville (yeah, shut up. I tend to go for the nerdy guys who know magic (no, really. the last 2 guys i dated knew magic.)).

  3. I LOVE GARY OLDMAN. yeah, he's old. So is George Clooney but that doesn't stop anyone. I love him as Sirius and as Lieutenant Gordon (Dark Knight) and he's just an amazing actor.

  4. It's fun to be apart of something. Now that I can talk a little about it, i'm definitely feeling like i can be accepted into "society" again.

  5. Now i have something else to do this summer! or at least this week... i'm going to the midnight showing of the very last one in a couple days, thanks to Emily's birthday gift, and i have to dress up. which i'm not thrilled about... but i guess it's all for the cause. I have this hideous blonde wig.. so i'm thinking i'll just wear that, a flowy teeshirt and some capri's and no shoes and just be Luna Lovegood. sounds easy enough....

Anyway.. before i sick myself of Harry Potter.. i'm going to tell you about my good news! I cleaned my room today! I cleaned out a bunch of junk from drawers but i'm far from being rid of it all. mainly because i just don't want to throw some of it away because it could go to something better. like the DI or a charity or something.


BUT THAT'S NOT THE BEST NEWS! So, when i was helping Abby with her girl's camp braiding party, the mail came and guess what was waiting for me? MY AP SCORES! (friggin' finally... sheesh). And Here's what I got from worst to best:


English Lit: 2


English Lang: 3


Psychology: 5!!!


I seriously never thought i could do that well on a test ever. plus i'm pretty sure i faked all over those essays... but still a 5! I'm so proud of myself.


and before I absolutely close, i just have some ranting i need to get over with. skip if you wish.

OH MY CUSS. Dear blogger.com, will you stop being such a piece of crap? Honestly, I can't stop having problems with you. first, it's that you won't post my blogs as paragraphs and now you won't let me comment or follow anyone else's blog. don't be such a bum. love, ellen.

good night or morning or day or whatever.

Love, Ellen.

No comments:

Post a Comment