Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The 90's are ALL THAT.

no, seriously. that's what i did tonight. I watched All That and Clarissa Explains It All and Doug. oh, my. blast from my past. mostly... sortof...

i didn't really have cable as a kid but it still worked out that I would see shows like this at random times. I remember watching a lot of Lizzie McGuire and Rugrats when i could. OH and The Amanda Show was a great one too. oh, the 90's.

as nostalgic as i am about my past, i'm not wanting to revisit it that much. ever. I don't think i could stand all that crap humor (i.e. over-exaggeration, extreme sarcasm, awkward people, etc.) and the really bad outfits. Belly shirts never look good on anyone ever for any reason. also chokers were a bad idea. and mom-jeans. well... maybe not mom-jeans. they're still cool if worn right. preferably without ankleboots. And the animation wasn't all that great either. But as much as i love the realistic-ness of now-a-days animation (not really), i can't stand the creepy lines and awkward gestures and it just weirds me out mostly.

other than that, the 90's were fine.
oops, i forgot the music.
hah.
stereotypical boybands and angsty girl groups, all the way. the 90's was definitely a time of "What makes you different makes you beautiful" (Backstreet Boys) and "I tried to page you twice; you just roll your eyes."* (LMNT) and over-choreographed music videos.

Remember when Justin Timberlake had curly hair with frosted tips and oh, yeah, was in a band and now he's a big-shot actor? Or when Brittany Spears was a not-so-innocent teen pop sensation? good times. hah or "Ice Ice Baby (dun dun dun duhduhdun dun)"(Vanilla Ice) or, my favorite, "Karma karma karma karma karma chameleon, you come and gooooooo"(Boy George)** Oh, or how about when everyone was all "U Can't Touch This"(MC Hammer) or "Everybody Dance Now!"(C&C Music Factory) Oh, Oh! Or what about "Whoomp, There It Is!"(Tag Team) (sounding more like "Whoop, Thaitis!"). classic. Or my number 1 most hated dance song of all time "Cotton Eyed Joe." (i refuse to provide a link for it) I can't believe they still play that at dances! Every time i hear it, i'm out. no way am i joining that ugg-o line dance. i refuse. ororor! (to end this on a higher note) the oh-so-favorable "I Want It That-a Way" (Backstreet Boys)

And that's all. ALL THAT. oh, yeah. whatever.
Love, Elle-der wand (for those HP-nerds)
*I couldn't find the official music vid for this but i didn't want to leave it out because it's such a classic. so you get the jo-bros. there.
**lolol. i love this music vid. if you don't visit any of the links, i implore you to watch this. it definitely changed my life. forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment