Monday, July 18, 2011

365 Days of... Summer

i was tempted to title this "Busta Moove" cuz that's the song playing. and i know all the words to it. also, this is funnier because me and the fam were playing Catch Phrase (i got my parents to love it! woo!) and Abby and I were on a team and the clue was "year" and i said "365 Days of..." and Abs said "Summer" thinking 500 Days of Summer. hah.

Anyway. back to being a blog. or whatever.


Basically, what I want to say is, this summer is 100% better than last summer in a hundred ways. i'd name those ways but it's night, no suprise, and i don't actually think i could do that what with me not wanting to bore you to tears and all.

I'll just say these things
in a bulleted list!


  • I have done way way more this summer even though i definitely have gone less places. which sounds weird, but even with not going to girl's camp, i'm still doing way more things with cool peeps.

  • I'm not sitting around staring at a tv all the time. I'm definitely not saying i've stopped watching tv... but i'm definitely not only watching it.

  • I'm listening to much more music.

  • I'm becoming a peggle-master (shut up, mom and abby. i'm still working on it. BECOMING is the key word there)

  • I'm definitely shopping much more. shopping does not mean spending money. you know me and my love of thrift. plus, even if it's a sweater or something i always say something like "this'll be great in college!"

  • speaking of college, i figured out my first month's rent. which is pretty managable. i am hoping to invest in a good laptop (sorry, lappy, but you're just not cutting it what with your slowness and small storage and poor battery power and the fact that you're the size of a human infant.) with some of the leftovers after books and food and stuvs. lucky me i got a tons of household necessities for my birfday! cool. now i don't have to pay for those.

  • Oh, Teresa and me bought 2 boxes of mac and a box of muffin mix today for under 2 dollars. fro serious! that's like a whole day's worth of food (muffin for breakfast, mac for lunch, muffin for snack, mac and muffin for dinner, muffin for dessert) for the price of one meal. awesome. i'll rock at college.

  • uhm. oh, yeah. still on the job-hunt. So i think i'm moving down either the 12th or the 19th and then getting a job and getting settled in and all that so i can pay for the second month's rent (which will definitely be cheaper than the first month's with the cleaning deposit, but not by too much) and the next month's.

  • here's hoping i can get my books used for cheap. please bless.

  • oh. there's not really much use for a bulleted list for half of this.. but still. it's funner to read like that.

Anyway, Happy Summer, all. And Dear Miss Erin, we miss you greatly here and want you to come back swiftly and safely. Love, all of us.


Love, Ellen


Oh, and i took this pic of me. this was just before i cut my bangs. so yeah cool and stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment