Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Birthday and some other news.

I've gotta start out by saying I have the best friends in the whole world.
I'll start from the beginning. logical, i know.

So yesterday was my birthday (technically 2 days ago because i'm posting at night again, no suprise) and I woke up at 7 and got ready and went down to UVU. after waiting, getting lost, and having a mental breakdown, we finally got to our meeting. We sat down and discussed my major and what classes I needed to take. I got registered (French, Environmental Management, English 201H, and American Lit to 1865). Then! I went to the financial aid department and got my scholarship! Best start to a birthday ever!.

Then we went to Noodles and Company for lunch - yum. came home and i think i have a nasty habit of falling asleep in the car when there's no stimulating conversation. i can't help it! anyway.. got home and opened 45 presents from my parents and Abby. A picnic basket filled with essential living things (from medicine to tools to hygiene to cleaning supplies) and a pillow and some towels.

Waited a while and then went to Daniel's house. We watched Pride and Predjudice and he made me a cake (yum! Thanks, Daniel!). Then we got a pizza and some pop, went back and ate. I left and picked up Emily and then went to Scott's suprise party. We sat around and chatted to a couple people. everyone ate but i already had. plus it was kinda awkward cuz it was his birthday too. anyway, they were nice enough and put 3 candles in what was left of the cake for me to blow out. then the lights went out, my old friend Lilly came, and we danced. and everyone left the pavillion. where we were dancing. they just stood on the outer edges! What? okay.. anyway...
I left and went back to Daniel's house and watched the last 1/2 hour of P&P and told them about the party. then I took Teresa to my house and we looked at my gifts and then I took her home.

AND THAT'S NOT EVEN THE HALF OF IT!!!

Today started out pretty normal. I woke up at like 11 and went upstairs. I sat around and watched tv... Abby came home with blue hair (oh, yeah. did I say I dyed some of my hairs purple? it's kinda fading already but i have some purple left over to redye it.), and my mom said "just go get ready." so i did. and then i sat around for a while. ate some watermelon. Grandpa came over and gave me some money (THANKS!) and we visited and we're going boating sometime. then i get a call from Karlie. "Hey, me and Jaycee just bought some kites and we were wondering if you and Abby wanted to come fly them with us" "SUre!" "k, i'll be there in 5"

She comes, Abby packs a camera, i find more kites just in case. We get in her car and drive to the park. I get out and SUPRISE!!!!!!!!!!! All my friends (minus Miss Erin who's in Florida (but i did recieve a call from her on my real birthday)) were there and they had cakes and soda and chips and tons of fun things to do and gifts and it was so great!! We played frisbee, catch phrase, twister, took some pics, danced, ate, and it was ultimately the best party I ever went to.
I am so grateful to have such wonderful friends who think of me and I couldn't ask for anything better! I was seriously giving up on my birthday all together, but they definitely pulled it out of the trash and made it amazing. I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!!!!!

And that's how I had the best birthday ever.
Now onto the not-so-whatever bit called the other news.
So this summer started out with me and a summer romance. After a bit of fun, i went on vacation and everything kinda came tumbling down (not due to the vacation, i'm sure, but still. that's when it happened.). He stopped talking to me and we never hung out and it was just a bummer. Then, at the party last night, he talked to me. and it was so awkward. I've basically just gotten mostly over him (after a 19 page text and a breakdown) and i realized we'd probably never hang out again. Then, tonight, i get a text with him saying he's having a breakdown and is just so busy and wanting me to define things. so i say "I figured a summer romance" and he says "thanks. now it won't be awkward." and i think "probably..."
and that's the news.

And now i'm just content.

Thanks again to my friends and family and UVU for making my 18th the best birthday ever. I love you all!
Love, Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment