Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Everything Is Changing

is a song by Chameleon Circuit. A British Trock (time lord rock. yeah, sorry i heart Dr. Who) band. In which Charlie McDonnell and Liam Dryden both participate. This song, however, is by Alex Day, another member of the band (the other 2 members are Ed Plann and Michael Aranda). [here is a link to the site where you can hear the entire album and where you can purchase it]  Anyway, i thought it was a completely fitting title due to the fact that not only is my whole life changing, but the whole blogger layout. which, so far, i can't complain too much about.

i've been 100% busier in the past 3 days than i have been my entire life, basically. I've been trying to meet new people, do well at my new job, get to class on time, do extensive amounts of homework, eat, sleep, go to church activities when permissible, and contact my family regularly.  I definitely have a way to go until i get into the real swing of things, but i'm definitely getting better. Luckily, i have a good support system and i have plenty of people to tell all my goods to (hello, internet!).

I definitely think i will have the most difficult time with my french class. The class itself is nice, it's just my professor isn't what i'd hoped for. She has one of those soft-and-kind voices that drive me up the wall. i understand she can't help the way she speaks, it's just annoying. and all my homework is online and sometimes i have to speak aloud and record it, which i hate. i just hate hearing myself because i like to think my voice isn't annoying and then i hear it and i'm like 'ew'. but it's okay, i just do my best not to listen to it.

Both my English and Lit professors are pretty rad. Even though i'm like 95% sure i'm the absolute youngest and possibly the least insightful person in my whole Lit class, i think i'll get along and be able to participate in and understand the discussions and that's my whole goal. And my English professor is definitely the hippest teacher i've ever had. like he dresses awesome and is funny and seems like he can relate pretty well. and says he talks a lot about his cats which is hilariously fly.

I've been super super super tired all week. mom says that once i get up my endurance, i'll be able to last but i've been so pooped. And i'm sore from lifting really gross bags of garbage (that incidentally break and get minestrone soup all over my bod) and making sandwiches and coffee and fountain drinks and cleaning and mopping and working the till and all the fun things that come with my job.

A really great lesson i learned real fast is what it's like to be around people of different cultures. I've lived in the "bountiful bubble" for so long, i'd never realized how many other people were out there. I've met all   kinds of people from all over the world and it is really fun. I work with this rad guy named Yungmuk. He's Asian and he's so funny and nice. Whenever he needs to talk to me and i'm not facing him, he'll brush my elbow and ask me. He has a thick thick accent but he's so funny. Sometimes he hangs on the counter and says "Yeeehooo!" seriously like that. and it's so awesome. And Vini from Brazil is really awesome. He's so nice and cool. and really outgoing and funny. I'm pretty sure it was him who gave a woman a big cup full of ice water for free (usually they're only like a quarter) and he said "it's just for you" and she was so so flattered. or maybe that was Yungmuk. either way, it was awesome. There's this one girl who frequents and she's HILARIOUS. We talked for a while today about zombies and robots and how prepared her boyfriend is for the Zombie apocalypse and that he wears a bracelet she gave him.

I really like my job. And school. And even though i'm stressed beyond belief and unimaginably tired, i'm really enjoying college life.
And before i accidentally stay up too late and don't get any sleep at all, i'm going to bed.
I love ya'll and I hope you're all doing well! and thanks for reading!
Love, Ellen


No comments:

Post a Comment