Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Don't Stop Me Now.

(Queen reference) Seriously, don't. I'm going to make it. it's going to be all good and we'll all live happily ever after. basically.

I went and perused my new apartment yesterday. It's awesome. The laundry room (yeah, not just a closet, yo.) is right across from my bedroom. I'm allowed to put things on the walls, i have a kitchen-full of counter space (like quadruple there is at home), and my flatmates seep pretty rad (one of them is on a student visa from Romania). I only share a bathroom with one other person and it's awesome. And school is about as far from home as it was from high school (that makes sense, right?). Awesome.

Oh, and I signed up for institute today. now i have to be up and in class by 9:00 every day, instead of just thrice a week. and then i have classes and work and eating and studying to fill the rest of my days.

I went out shopping for foodstuffs and make-up with mom today. I got a lot, i think. Hopefully enough to last a while. And i'm going to have my flatmates lay it out for me: who buys what, who cleans what when, where things are, that kind of thing. I bet i'll be able to get along just fine, especially since i have my own room. and there's a lot of storage and i can take a bike up there. I'll have to have Dad spruce one up for me... but that' no prob. and i'm also going to do all my laundry and have my car checked all before i go.

And Mom helped me plan out my budget. it's all good. i'm also probably going to have to get my books at my apartment. i have one coming in the mail to here home but i also have 2 going to my apartment. i'm sure i'll get them eventually. 2 of my classes i can't get books for yet either because they're only offered at the school or they're not even posted online, possibly non-existent but that's highly unlikely.

It's kind of a bummer that all my friends are moving down after me so we don't have much time to hang or whatever. but it's alright. i'll be able to make new friends and it's going to be all right. I found a hip hang-out spot where me and my mates down there can meet. it's a crepe shop called Roll-Up crepes. it's covered in owl things and it's got live music sometimes and the crepes are super yum.

I have a feeling college is going to be good for me.
Everything is working out and I really think this is where i'm supposed to be.
superrad.
Love, Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment