Sunday, August 21, 2011

So... What's New?

oh, yeah. EVERYTHING. I'm in a new city with new people in a new ward and i start a new job tomorrow and a new school the week after that and i have to make new friends and yeah.

That's about all... jk. that's never all.
When i first moved in, i was terribly nervous. i was basically shoved off a cliff into the canyon called "the real world" by adults. and i only broke down 3 times. But it was alright. Even after the first night i began sleeping better. i called my mom twice yesterday and i'm gonna talk to her soon.

Well. so far, i've been shopping, watching loads of Dr. Who, exploring slash getting lost, and today i went to church. omy. I love church but a singles ward is a whole heaping helping of different. I'm already giving my first talk in church next week on service. basically, it'll go like this "Hey everyone, I'm incredibly young and i have no point of reference aside from high school." so that's good. At least people are nice and they talk to me and aren't put off by my youth.

So here's my adventures of today, minus the boring stuff hoping. I went to church. I went in and sat by a girl who was alone and it was cool. then these other chicks came and sat by us. After sacrament, i follow the girl to Sunday School. Turns out, she's engaged and she introduces me to some other girls. We go in, sit down, say a prayer and they kick all the noobs out to "get their picture taken" which translates to filling out a noob paper, pictures, and a meeting with one of the bishopric and get a calling to speak in church next week. wow. they waste no time here....

Then, after all that hullabaloo, comes Relief Society. And guess what the topic is on in my singles ward. Marriage. so cool. It was a good lesson, though. And Hayley, who was the teacher, gave everyone "object lessons" aka ring pops. which was delicious. anyway, after RS, there was a "munch n' mingle" which was delicious spaghetti and meatballs and drinks. i chatted a bit and then came home and watched Dr. Who, texted Erin, fb'd Morgan Stewart, called Mom, and ate some food.

Then i went to a fireside in which the Gov'na was speaking and his wife. it was so interesting, i almost fell asleep. the guy next to me did, i think. It was good, i promise, i've just been not sleeping well yet. After that, i drove around a bit and found a park and a trail i think liz was telling me about.

I came back and then went over to the ward prayer. which was interesting. I talked to some people, found my place on a well-drawn map, and almost choking to death on a cookie (that really was delicious but i'm just terrible at stupid things like eating without looking like a fool).

then i came home, called my mom and then now i'm on the couch typing this sucker and watching the telly.

and that's all. i have some cool things to do this week, aka starting work and i've got some plans with Morgan, i think. so that's cool. Oh, and i have a pool so i can swim whenever. hoowah.

Oh, and i Love this guy:
hoo wah dr. whoooo. awesome. watch it sometime. that's all i've been doing.

okay,
Love, Ellen-not-Degeneres

No comments:

Post a Comment