Monday, March 21, 2011

Mr. Bubbles with Guns?

bubble guns...

That was something my parents said on our recent trip to southern Utah. There was a sign for Mr. Bubbles Car Wash and it had a picture of a cowguy with guns shooting bubbles.

It was "quote-note worthy". I write down one funny thing my dad says at the drive thru of Dickey's BBQ about that commercial with the hampsters driving the car he thinks is cool about how "[He'd] want a hampster if it could hiphop" and i'm in charge of keeping track of the funny things people say.

Dad also said these things:
"They have an annual parade every week." at Wildcat Willies Restaurant (boo)
"Don't drink all that" (-mom referring to Abby's water jar) "Yeah... little sips."
"Ho-made pies... I hope they was their hands..." about the ho-made pie place thing (he got a teeshirt from there.)

Mom said:
"We will kill you. Don't test us." after almost running over a cute chipmunk in Zion National Park. We've killed many a animal in our day. on accident of course. (RIP lizard, duck, and numerous birds and probably some rocks..)

Abby and I weren't very notably funny this trip. meh. We're happy to give our parents some hilaricred (mix of hilarious and credit. don't question this.) once in a while.

We drove a lot, ate tons of junk food and drove next to heights (oh. man. I hate heights. especially in the snow.) and through mile-long cut-out-of-a-mountain tunnels. actually only one mile-long one. the other was like... how long is a football field? probably that much.

It's kinda weird that I woke up today in a hotel room that Sammie Davis Jr. stayed in and now i'm home, showered, and I drove past "his" house today. (LOL! okay. so I told abby to look up his address in my viking stalker and as she was searching, she said "Shoot! There's 3 Youngs'! and i said "Not Young, dummie!" which is really funny. Really funny. Maybe that should be a quote note... nah. i'll just put it here.)

p.s. this is a picture of Sammie Davis Jr. in case you wanted to see his face without having to look him up yourself:

Anyway. There were also Don Knotts, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra... but we got sammie and that's okay. it was the only one with separate bedrooms (don't question, once again.)

And to Abby: Sorry for being a spoon-monster. I just like being next to something. that's why i sleep with stuffed animals and 2 pillows.

BUT to my Future husband: I sure hope you like spooning.

(The bad part about adding a picture is that it makes all the spacing weird and i don't like it. but i'll just deal with it. ugh.wahterve.)

HAH and i got a pair of sweats (because i accidentally soaked my pjs i brought with the shower.. don't ask. just kidding. i left them on the floor and the curtain sucked.) that say "Good Luck" on the bum because they're for St. Paddy's day and were on clearance and my mom said "Ew. Don't wear those to college." but i want to. plus I will because i'm taking all my clothings. OH! And i saw my apt. in person! But not the inside... just the outside. but it has a cute little bbq and is ground level and close to the pool and clubhouse. Yay!

Onward and upward to downtown sleepsville. aka it's night time once again and I'm going to bed.

-Ellen C.

No comments:

Post a Comment