Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Little Artist Did This!

We had a magnet on our fridge all growing up (it might still be there, but i don't ever put things actually on my fridge. our special things go on the magnet board on the side.) that was a box of crayons (or was it a paint pallet? one or the other. probably both.) that said "A Little Artist Did This!" and we got to put our art on the fridge.

Well, as I've said in previous posts, I've been working on a drawing of George Harrison's Face with paisley hair. I finally finished it and my teacher had it matted and is going to display it somewhere in the school for a while! I know!

Here is the basic finished product minus a few minor adjustments (outlining and some touch-ups) and the mat:


Yay! (no, i did not scan this. It's about 23 inches tall and 16 inches wide, too big for a scanner. this is a picture I took.) Next I have to work on a picture combining 3 images onto toned paper. uh, oh. hah. I've gotta come up with a good idea. So far, all i've got is making Karlie into Tink. And that'd be great but i just want some back-up ideas just in case.

AND in jewelry i'm going to make a pendant with a bird on a treebranch design on it. It's gonna be awesome! I finished my turquoise bezel ring today. it's alright... there are definitely some things I don't like about it, but it's much much much mucho better than my first attempt. there was no reviving it...

I can't believe we're ending the school year already. FOURth TERM! of FOUR! That means this is my last last last term of high school. oooooh my. It's coming! AND! Now my grades don't really count! but i still have to get above a C to keep my car. leeks. But that's cake with all my mostly-pass classes(aka drawing, yearbook, newspaper, jewelry, math the last month or so, and AP English and Psych after the tests.) supercake.

I sure hope it's not totally dumb or whatever that I really wanna go to prom. I don't wanna get my hopes up, but it's my senior year and I just wanna end it right. by dancing. with a boy. You're probably thinking oh, yeah. she has that huge crush that she's aiming for. but honestly, i'd go with anyone. i just like dancing and looking fancy and having fun. fancydancing. plus i haven't been on an boy-ask date since may of last year. so... yeah. prom.

And my hair-growing is coming along. i can officially do a scarlet pimpernel ponytail. but like i'm going to wear that to school... it's like paintbrush size. hah. I really just want to up my collection of hats so i can just get through this awkward length phase (hah. i almost spelled phase faze.) and get to the lengthy man-getting goodness. it'll happen.

i'm going to try embedding a vid because that never works for me. so this is a test. (p.s. i search everywhere for a vid i was in the mood for and i sorta gave up even though i still really like this one, i'm once again posting at night and i wanna go to bed.)

guh. it's not worrrrkkkiiiinnnggg.... does it always take years or is my lappy just slow?

bed. night.

-elle

No comments:

Post a Comment