Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valen-Times 2014

Wow. I've been really bad at writing on here. I don't really have any excuses... Sean was a little sick this week (and wrote this), we're still on our way to buying a house, our apartment is particularly moldy, it's been raining, the Olympics are on... Really just stuff you'd expect.

A week ago tomorrow was our 2 year dating anniversary and we went to Red Lobster. It's a lot easier to celebrate that than to fight the hoards of people on Valentine's day itself. Plus it's a little more special for us. We are still going to do Valentine's gifts. I painted Sean a picture and he got me something from the internet. I think we might go to Five Guys or Rubio's or something just because. Other than that, Valentine's is a pretty normal day.

Our first Valentine's day... Whoo, it's a good story. I guess I was soooooooooo blinded by Sean's adorable-ness that I didn't realize it was a hilarious story and should've written it down here but I didn't.

It started out pretty great. I walked over to his apartment because I didn't have time/wrapping paper enough to wrap his Build-a-Bear which I cutely named Sean the Jedi and dressed as a Jedi. Plus he had to finish a few things with dinner. I got there, rang the bell, and then straight away gave him the bear when he opened the door. He handed me a cute bag with 3 awesome Beatles Mugs and a Batman magnet inside.

He pulled the steaks out of the oven and they were heart-shaped. AW. He also had potatoes in a casserole dish ready for eating. He dished it all up for us as I sat at the counter and admired the roses and candles he'd put out. The steak was super delicious, I remember because my first bite was much too big so I was chewing it forever while trying not to choke because Sean was laughing at me and I was laughing (as much as I could) too.

We finished eating and then went on a drive and ended up at Blickenstaff's Toy Store in Provo. We wandered around and then... Actually... I don't really remember what happened after that. I think we probably.. OH YEAH. We went back to our neighborhood and went to our friend Jayme's house to pick up my copy of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World she'd borrowed. Then we went back to Sean's and watched it.

It was really sweet. Like he always is. The funniest part of all of this, though, was that he spent about $200 on the whole night. "What?" you ask. Yes, he had to buy household items to have Valentine's day at home. He was offered reservations at a nice restaurant but turned them down because he didn't want to spend a ton of money on a girl he'd just started dating. HAH. Joke was on him. He bought plates and stools and food and flowers... What a guy.

Anyway, I still love him just as much as then and I'm so happy he's my forever Valentine.
I gotta go check if our bed is still wet from me stupidly putting the humidifier on it while vacuuming... bad idea.
I'll post a picture of my painting once I give it to him tomorrow. Squee!
love, Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment