Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Internet Diet Update [or] "On Writing"

SO. I'm having a hard time because a lot of the people I care about are on facebook and I want to know what they're doing with their lives and I wanted to show all of them this:

My most lovely Mother-in-Law made this BY HAND for me! Her body and button-joints and hair and face and clothes and shoes and dinosaur are all hand stitched. How IMPRESSIVE is that?? She is so sweet and I love how much this little doll that I've named Karen resembles me. She has my same eyebrow shape I love her little hat and her fun sock monkey overalls (that really work as overalls, you can unbutton them and everything!) and her Dinosaur named Deeno...
What a great Mother-in-law I have.

I've been to facebook a few times but it hasn't been as excessive and I feel like I'm making strides here. I haven't been to any of the waste time sites I usually went to. I've found a few things on pinterest that I like. I've made dinner the past couple nights (besides tonight because Sean wanted to grill) and I sort of rearranged our living room and I've been feeling better about myself. I learned some new make-up tricks and my hair has been looking exceptional...  It's all been better.

Right now, Sean is writing his latest work which he is really excited about and I'm really excited for him. I think it's really important that he writes because I know that it's something he loves and I like seeing him write. He types a bunch and then reads me a chunk that he's proud of and I love it. Plus that gives me an opportunity to pull out my editing skills and give him a few pointers and stuff. We both can do what we love and it's excellent.

There's a little book exchange that opened up a block or so from our house and the ladies that own it are super sweet and fun to talk to. Sean and I have been there twice and both times we've stayed for about an hour just talking about everything. Sean gave them one of his books (which you can access here and here and here or just google "sean donner unlucky" and you'll have all the websites) and they're all excited to read it and host open-houses or things for his future books. Which is one of the reasons he's so excited about writing this new one.

Yay! What a great time.
love, Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment