Sunday, February 23, 2014

I need a break: My Internet Diet

I decided just a few seconds ago that I need to go on an internet diet. I'm going to (do my best to) cut out facebook, twitter, 9gag, iwastesomuchtime, slow robot, and what ever other mindless scrolling website that I go to too often. I'm going to cut back on pinterest and youtube. I'm still going to allow myself to do online jigsaw puzzles and crossword puzzles, and I'm also going to be online doing bills and researching stuff. I'll also keep doing online surveys that help me earn a little spare money.

I'll also continue blogging because it's a definite outlet that I can just relax and write down all my stuff.

I just have been feeling really useless lately. I just sit on the internet endlessly scrolling through page after page of ridiculous posts about stuff I don't really care about and not enough improving myself.

Instead, I will do things like
1: Clean and organize my house
2: Read a book
3: Do arts and crafts
4: Exercise
5: Learn how to cook better
6: Getting ready to move
7: Watch television and movies without  internet
8: Gardening
9: Practicing skills like photography and writing
10: Learning new skills and gaining new hobbies.

I needed to just set this all up for myself because if I didn't I wouldn't really do anything about my goal. I have a hard time sticking to things so I needed to set certain boundaries and allowances so I wouldn't go crazy. I was originally thinking just an internet fast and then I realized I still needed to pay bills online and I still want to blog and do crossword puzzles so I just cut out the junk.

It's just like a regular diet. You need to cut out the junk food if you're going to get anywhere and you need to have better snacks there in order for you to not turn to the unhealthy ones, which is why I made a list of "Insteads" that I can go to when I don't know what to do.

Plus my computer has been frustrating lately and the last thing anyone needs is that one more annoyance to fuel the fire. If you have any other good ideas of things I can do, please let me know! I'd love to hear them because I'm sure there's plenty of things I forgot. Thanks!

love, Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment