Saturday, February 22, 2014

And I Helped.

Today my parents made a million freezer meals (okay... 20 something... still a lot) and I helped a little.
Anyway, now my hands smell like garlic and it's really gross.
Good thing I have smelly lotions I can put on so they don't gross me out all night.

Also, I feel like I should put this here because I felt beautiful yesterday (not a first, but not always something I feel) and decided to document it.
I think it's really important for everyone to feel beautiful once in a while. I know I have my days where I show up to work at 6 am and then around 9 I finally look at myself in a mirror and think "I seriously looked like that for 3 hours and didn't do anything about it?" But there are plenty of days where I come home from work and realize that I don't even need that second shower because my hair looked just fine and my makeup was still good and all I need is a change of clothes and I'm good.

I know for a fact that no one sees as many flaws in oneself as they do (sense?). I could tell you plenty of things in this picture that I'm not a hundred percent happy with, but I could also name plenty more that I'm in love with.

Cons:
I have zits
My hair needs a trim
I should smile better
I own too many grey sweaters
etc.

Pros:
I have pretty eyes
I like how my hair curls
I have a cute face
I like my cheeks
I look good in grey sweaters
I can pull off almost any color of lipstick
etc.

See? I know that Even behind all the things I hate, there's a thing I love. I just need to look past the zits and hair problems sometimes and be glad that I have all the things I like.

This ended up being a lot longer than I thought it was going to be. Originally I was just going to post my selfie and tell you about my garlic hands... Hmm. Maybe someone needed to hear this.
love, Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment