Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Well hello, 2012.

To start the year to end all years (2012 joke, anyone), i decided to make some resolutions. Here's the thing, i'm not too good at resolutions. i'm real crap at remembering and also coming up with goals to push myself. and all that. but this year will be different. Last year was the year of changes with the whole growing up and moving out bit but this year will be the year of progression from that change.

here's me getting to the point. and these are my resolutions (cuz you know i like bulleted lists):

  • learn how to study like a college student. 
    • here's the thing to this, i know i study better when something else is going on. so i might end up like at someone else's house all too often in an attempt to study more. does that sound logical? no? well it does to me. so there.

  • learn how to exercise.
    • how do you learn how to do that? i have no idea. maybe if i actually used the gym equipment at my apartment's clubhouse. i'm skinny enough that people won't stare at me like i'm this chub trying to lose weight but they'll probably think that i'm just doing it because i do that. i might lost a couple weight in the process but i will also be able to not feel like a laze also.
  • cook for myself.
    • i can cook. i can cook well (at least i think. the thing is, i just don't do it. plus i hate buying food for myself because i'm afraid that i probably won't use it fast enough and it'll spoil and it'll just not be good. i have the money to buy myself food besides easy mac and pringles, i just only buy those things. one of the things i want to cook is these lemon poppy seed pancakes with strawberries. y.u.m.
  • date more and don't worry about it.
    • i'm 18, i have time to date and have fun. i'm not looking to get married. i mean, if i find the right man... but i have time. this is the time of my life when i need to have fun and not worry about it. so i won't. that's why it's on my resolution list.
  • smell nicer.
    • is that weird? i don't feel it is. my plan for this is to just wear perfume or body spray and deodorant  (not that i haven't, just that i'll continue to) and clean clothes (again with the continuing).
  • be nicer.
    • no, seriously. i'm not a mean person necessarily, but near every time i leave the house my mom says "be. nice." like that. so that gets me thinking "am i a mean person?" and i don't think so, but if my mom says it then it's doctrine. and i guess i can tie this to be more giving and less selfish. like when i'm driving. (here's a picture of a kitty. for no particular reason but to have a hipster kitty on my blog.)
  • quit procrastinating. 
    • (sidenote: i had a hard time deciding which word to capitalize.) especially in the morning. i get caught on the internet so often just staring at pinterest or facebook or twitter or memebase or iwastesomuchtime or dearblankpleaseblank... i just need to get ready earlier and quit getting stuck online. so i will. and there.

Here's to you and your resolutions for 2012. May you be successful and safe the whole year round.
~Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment