Monday, February 28, 2011

Reciprocation

Why are my parents so good at finding good new music while i'm the one stuck in previous generations, ones I didn't even take part in? It has been an awful long time since i've sat down and listened to something other than the beatles. I almost missed it. but not really.

As i ran upstairs to grab my ipod and book, my dad was snagging the new free songs from itunes and he asked me if i'd heard Two Door Cinema Club. No, I hadn't.

So i chatted with Dad a minute and listened to them. Not bad. Actually pretty darn good. They're Irish and, honestly, foreign bands are almost always the best.
I particularly liked this song (it's the first one i heard, coincidentally...)
(also, i would've embedded it since i know how now, but twas taking fortnights uploading. so you get a link instead. please still click it though, it's worth it.

They're different and fun and good and dancey. yeah. dancey.
and everything we hear from mainstream America is blah. Basically puke with a thumping base-line and repetative lyrics. It's so refreshing, hearing new music that doesn't sound like totally shallow songs about love and breaking up and blah.

So now i like Two Door Cinema Club. And, i've gotta be honest, as soon as my TDCC playlist ran out, i went back to my trusty Beatles. I'll listen to it again tomorrow, i'm sure, I just really wanted to listen to Ringo sing Boys again. oh, baby :) hah. It keeps going from George to Ringo. ugh... but awesome. I'll be sure to take a pic and post it of my drawing of George with paisley hairs once it's finito.

also. hooooozah for no school tomorrow cept juniors. although i would've appreciated the free ACT last year... jerk school board. AND stinkin math teacher making me come in and turn in homework and pick up new assignment. uurgh. argh. barge.

No comments:

Post a Comment