Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hi, I'm Ellen...

and i'm an addict.
of the beatles.
SHOOT! OH, i just love them all the time. I don't think i've actually intentionally changed my ipod playlist from my Beatles playlist (with 124 songs on it currently, soon to have like 200 more... yes. there are duplicates. but i love them all the same.)
It pains me how much I love them. I get heart-break every time i realize that half of them are dead and the other half aren't as cool as they used to be without the other half. dang. at least they're immortalized legends. basically.
and stupid posers with their tee-shirts. I don't even own a beatles tee and I probably love them 10 times more. probably. ugh.... i love them.
Having no swag reminds me that I have hardly any of my obsessionated loves (or whatever... just go with it...) products. I had a beatles shirt once... then it got holey and old and small...
I have a vampire weekend tee... but i share that with abby sometimes.
I have 3 buttons based on Abby's obsession (Happy Days)... but no beatles.
or Miami Vice. I watched about 2 episodes of Miami Vice a day over the summer. I had to stop at the 4th season though because i couldn't stand Crockett's hair...
I even named my uke after Crockett.
But no swag.
I really resented Abby getting Happy Days tee shirts and buttons and conversations with people "oh, you like Happy Days? So did I.. blah blah potsie ralph fonz richie jonie howard blah blah..."
but i'm a little over it now. I'm still bummed I don't have teeshirts and things to say "HAh! See! I like a thing that you probably don't know about or, if you're old enough, you might remember!" but I'll get over it.

new subject? I think so.
So I'm really getting sick of the "You are a lazy butt, get a job." speech. The "You're staring adulthood right in the face" is getting tiring. And i'm sick of it.
I'll do it on my own time! Don't go scoffing. please. I don't appreciate it. It would be a different story if it was the other way around, wouldn't it. So stop.

I got called as a Seminary Class Prez. I was super honored, especially considering my terrible seminary background... My parents were excited. I was excited. But I'm beginning to think, however, that everyone else who is called to this position is feeling nothing. I guess the excitement will wear off and get tiring... but whatever. I'll keep doing what I'm doing and not go over the top with this so i don't scare people off or give them the wrong impression of me.

I'm starting to be more and more excited for college. Now that i've got an apartment waiting for me and a school picked out and i'm on my way to graduation. It scares me a whole lot less.
plus, looking at myself, I find that i'm super responsible. I can cook for myself, i wash my own laundry, i keep my room clean regularly, I know how to wash dishes without gagging, i'm pretty good at saving money and spending it wisely. So i'll be fine in college. It's just the loneliness that's gonna get me, i think. But i'm getting better at being on my own. I am much less anti-social, even though i'm not much for initiating hang-outs or parties. those flop too often... I just had to get over the frustration with myself that i thought i can't do anything, i'm too young. Now i'm too old and i'm not prepared and blah blah. whatever.

does anyone else think this blog is too long?
eh...
end.
heartslash
Natural Log (= ln)

1 comment: