Sunday, December 29, 2013

Nearing New Year

New Years Eve was always a tricky holiday for me. I only remember going to one party ever and the other times I spent it at home with my parents, which wasn't bad, but it's hard to get the "midnight kiss" when you're watching the ball drop with your mom and dad.

However, since Sean and I have been married, we've created a tradition for ourselves where we go to a little town in the mountains and stay in a hotel where we watch movies, build legos, and eat food. Last year, Sean learned what gelato was (NOT coffee) and we narrowly missed a t-bone accident when an SUV ran a clearly red light. We also accidentally booked our hotel in Cedar City and had to change it last-minute and the hotel guy was super nice. 

This year, we've got a nice jacuzzi in our hotel room that is booked at the correct hotel, we've picked out our legos, and we're going to pick up our salt-water taffy, bottled sodas, reese's peanut butter cups, pickles... and whatever else we're going to want for our fun evening out. 

I'm excited! 
love, Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment