Saturday, December 7, 2013

Arrrrrrrt

So sometimes, I find myself to be artsy. Earlier this week, I bought a couple canvases and some new paints so that I'd have something to do while Sean worked late a lot of this week. I decided I was going to paint one of Sean's pictures (Check out his facebook page here).

It's not far along, but I feel like it's pretty good. It's of a green apple on a green background. I only have the apple and stem done and part of a leaf but now I have a project for the next couple days. I love having projects. It makes me less crazy. I've done a few paintings in the past, but I've never really done any realistic ones. I really hope it turns out. It'd be really cool... plus I think it would go well in our future kitchen.

Speaking of art, my father-in-law is an incredible painter. We have one of his earlier ones in our living room of a fox and it's exceptional. He just put up his official website and you should check it out (here).

We finally have a star and some ornaments on our Christmas tree so there's that... We only had to brave the crazy winter-drivers and Target Christmas-crowd to get them, but at least they're there, right? And Christmas can begin! I already have a gift for Sean on its way.

That's all. I'll keep you updated on the painting and have a picture of it when it's done.
love, Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment