Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Something September

Hi, guys.
It's kind of weird not writing under the guise of a blog-a-day... and Ellie showed me this link to a "Blogtember" deal and I might do it. I did this blog's Blog-A-Day May and it was pretty fun and I found a couple new blog friends doing it, but at the same time, I don't know if I want to just be known for doing challenges.

I think I might check the challenge and do a little of it every day but idk if I'll do every day. There's my disclaimer.

Today's prompt is: "Describe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are."

I was born in the nice part of a city known for being kind of ghetto. From there we moved back and forth from there to another small town on it's way to big city. I think all this moving around is what made me such a grown-up so early on, because I had to learn that figuring out my identity was fairly important in introducing myself to the new classes and situations. 


When I was 9, we finally bought a house in the same school boundaries as our last duplex and that was nice, not having to make new friends from who I went to school with. My parents are still living in that house with my sister who is on her way to college in only one year (wowza) and it's a pretty nice house where I got my own room and shared a bathroom with my dad. 

These people I lived with for 18 years are a looney bunch, but I love them. When Sean and I were visiting yesterday for Labor Day, we hung out in a very green-painted room and watched TV and then had delicious dinner, all the while cracking jokes and cheering on the American Ninja Warriors competing for 1/2 a million dollars. My dad loves cooking and so does my husband, luckily. 

Since February 2012, I has turned to We. Sean has joined the bunch of crazies and I couldn't be more grateful. Ever since we were put in with a big group of 18 mo. to 3 year olds at our church, we've been talking about parenting styles and how we want to raise our kids. I'm never afraid to say my ideas to him because he always agrees and then adds to it in some way. I feel like we're going to be great parents in a few years. 



And that's all, I think.

There was another thing aside from the blogtember thing... 
OH. I'm thinking about selling my artistic abilities for money. I'm not totally sure yet though because it's hard to come up with money for supplies and stuff. I'm thinking of having people send me black and white photos of them (the higher the contrast, the better) and I'll send them that picture in a 11x14" drawing, like the one from my last post unless they want it bigger and then charging some money for labor, shipping, and supplies. So maybe like $4 for supplies, however much shipping is, and then $10 an hour for however long it takes me (promise, I'm honest). 
Let me know what you think and I'll see how well it would do then decide. 
Thanks!

love, Ellen.

No comments:

Post a Comment