Monday, April 29, 2013

Duh Duh Doughnuts.

Hey, everyone! So this morning I was totally craving doughnuts. It might have been because I used to eat at least one doughnut at work every other day or so or because I watched an episode of "Unwrapped" on Food Network all about doughnuts this morning. So I did what any girl that didn't want to leave home would do, Pinterest! I found a few recipes but none of them seemed that great and I don't have a thermometer for oil... so I continued searching until I found a great recipe for a baked doughnut. Luckily, Sean likes making bread, so we had some yeast around the house. Here's the recipe, if you wanna try it out.

First came the dough:
First, I had to whip up the dough and then let it rise for an hour. Easy peasy. While I waited, I watched Clueless. Great movie!
Then the dough was cut and let to rise again. like it does.
Then some time in the oven and BLAM! awesomeness.
 I don't have powdered sugar so I had to find another way to make a glaze. I found this recipe and then got to work whipping it all together. turns out, these puppies are SO GOOD.  Then just a dash of cute sprinkles and then gobble them all up! 
YUM! oh, and kitty just loves the smell of fresh homemade donuts and the cool breeze of the fan. What a cute kitty! 
Hope everyone has a sunny spring week!
love, Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment