Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday Funnies

Today in our primary class, we only had two kids, which is not a lot compared to our average five. It felt a lot more fun and intimate just being able to teach two kids. Plus it was easier to hear their funny comments without the shouting of other kids. At one point, we were talking about one of their dads coming to sub for the class and how he let them sit wherever they wanted and the one whose dad it was not said "I love that guy!" and then we said we'd call him to sub next time we couldn't be there and they were excited. Then Sean said "But then we won't be here!" and the kid whose dad it was said "Well this just got awkward..." HAH. So cute.

I think what was so fun about today was that we got to visit with the kids a little more. We looked at pictures of Reggie the Ball Python (Sean's snake) and Erma Gerd and talked about animals as well as about Disneyland (because one of them went there for spring break) and Durango, Colorado (where the other one went) and we also talked about Baptismal Covenants. Sean had them read one of the sacrament prayers and it was so cute to see these future priests read it to us! I felt like they really understood the lesson and were interested in what we had to teach them. I wish every Sunday could be this successful!

We also had a teacher training meeting during Sharing Time because we just got a new presidency and they wanted to go over some stuff and, turns out, Sean and I are great primary teachers. haha. Also that we need to be set apart still... whoops...

Sean and I eventually want 3 or 4 kids, but I'm just glad to have some primary ones right now. They're fun and I only have to take care of them for 2 hours every week. I do want to be a reading tutor, though. I think that would be really fun and I know how much my mom loves doing it and I think I would too.

Anyway, I think that's all for today. OH. And I decided I'm going to cut my hair when I run out of this bottle of shampoo. Which is only like a quarter of the way used so it might be the beginning of next month when it happens. Stay Tuned!

love, ellen donner

p.s. I'm thinking about changing the title to something Donner related. Some of my ideas are The Donner's Party or something like that. Let me know if you have any better ideas! I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment