Thursday, December 27, 2012

Things that will forever have happened.

Today, my brother-in-law is getting married (Congratulations, Brady and Katie!). This made me think about my wedding day, almost 3 months ago and, if i don't write this down now i'll probably forget and I can't wait till October 5th, 2013 to come back and re-read these things and remember how hilarious my wedding day was, in reality. All of these things are not in the beautiful memoirs of wedding. It's not in pictures and I'm sure plenty of people don't even know half of these things, but i think the back-stories of my wedding are just as great as the real thing. So, of course, here comes another bulleted list.

On our wedding day:

  • I watched part of Arachnaphobia with my family while we were getting ready and waiting for Sean to. 
  • He texted me "I'll be there in 3 minutes" after half an hour of playing Super Smash Brothers with stupid Bloom when he should have just been getting ready. After he sent that text is when he actually started getting ready 
  • I wore Abby's dress to the temple because I didn't bring a dress except my actual pretty wedding dress because I thought that's how it went.
  • Punk Rock Freddie's death was on the front page of the newspaper that day. 
  • I stole white pins from the temple.
  • It was so cold and i wore Sean's "SAUCE" jacket while not being photographed and I said once "Where is my warm thing-i-mean-husband?" 
  • The thing I most remember the guy who married us saying is "You probably won't remember anything I say."
  • I wore a shirt Sean gave me that he once sold that says "I <3 Sean Donner" what was much too big for me to get my hair done. 
  • I could hardly sleep.
  • His parents bought us Burger King for lunch after going to the temple and we ate it in the car on the way to the reception location. It was chicken fingers, fries, and coke and Sean accidentally got Diet Coke and was upset so i drank it for him.
  • We were setting up for the reception all the way up until guests started coming in and we had them help us. 
  • After the reception was over and people were cleaning up, Sean's Aunt Melanie helped hide me with a round table so i could take off my tights.
  • During the father/daughter dance, my dad asked me something about moving to Minnesota, i think and I accidentally swore and then blamed it on Bloom. 
  • Bloom gave us a crappy baby shower gift card. idiot. 
  • We ate barbecue and I was prepared and brought an apron and Sean said something like "She knows where her place is" jokingly to my family. even though he does WAY more cooking than I do.
  • We got copies 2 and 3 of Caddyshack. 
  • My mom was the only one (besides me) not to wear her wedding clothes to the temple. Abby wouldn't have either but i was wearing her clothes so i could carry my dress into the temple and wear it out. or something.
  • I cried a lot after being sealed.
  • We made velociraptor cake toppers but our cake was just a slab cake so we put them on our table.
  • Escape (Enrique Iglesias), A Thousand Miles (Vanessa Carlton), Do The Moo Shoo and His Cheeseburger (Veggie Tales), Party Rock Anthem (LMFAO), Party in the Bloom.S.A (Miley Cyrus), Smile (Vitamin C), and Kids in America (No Secrets) were all on the playlist. and this WASN'T. How that happened, i have no idea. It's like our theme song...
  • During A Thousand Miles, Sean and I were at our table eating and when it got to the piano bits, we'd pretend to play it. adorable.
  • We took pictures with our faces going crazy and i did some weird flying moves and Sean took pictures of me and I took pictures of him. because we're creative and awesome. 
So next time you or someone else gets stressed out about having a perfect wedding, force them to remember that whenever anything goes wrong or right or not in the way you were planning, it doesn't matter because eventually it'll be funny and adorable. Or just plain nuts-o.




love, ellen

1 comment:

  1. I honestly teared up reading this.... yeah just wanted to be honest :D

    ReplyDelete