Monday, December 17, 2012

1 week and 1 day

Til I get to spend Christmas with my fantastic husband. Today, there's a lot to say and i think it best to be in a bulleted list, like i like.

  • Remember last year's Christmas Eve post that had my most favorite christmas songs on it? that was a good one. you should check it out if you haven't.
  • Yesterday, in church, Sean and I gave our 'new to the ward' talks. We actually had some fun writing them and telling each other the funny bits we were planning on saying. When we actually gave them, people seemed to enjoy them and we got lots of compliments after. 
  • Okay, so last monday (a week ago today) i got my first smartphone. It's an HTC Radar. I cannot begin to tell you how incredibly careful i am with it. I leave it in my bag when i'm sitting down and it's rarely in my pockets in case it falls out. So on sunday, right before i'm about to go into the church for sacrament meeting, guess what. Sean's ipad was covering it when both were sitting in my lap and, as i stepped out of the car, i bet you can only imagine what happens next. yep, the brand new phone slips and tumbles straight onto the pavement and the screen shatters. my luck... but it's all going to be fine. the phone was free, it's only a malformation in the screen. All the apps and buttons (is that what they're called when they don't protrude from the surface?) and whatnot work. so it'll be fine. but what a frustrating thing. 
  • On Saturday morning, Sean and I woke up bright and early to take miss kitty to get fixed. When we picked her up that afternoon, she was so silly! she had a piece of duct tape on her head for the vets to put her in her in the right carrying cage thing and she just looked high as a kite. She also got her vaccines. We have been giving her meds every day at 7 am and 7 pm and, even though they're super gross and she hates them, she takes them well. She's been sleeping a lot more and letting me cuddle with her! Right? she loves having her head scratched and laying down right next to me. cute.
  • we've seen The Hobbit twice so far. for realz. We saw it in normal  and then in  Lots-o'-frames 3D which was weird. I don't know if i liked it or not. but anyways, it's really great and I'd recommend it. Also, recently, i've been re-watching the Lord of the Rings Extended trilogy. Awesome. 
  • Only a hair more than a week till CHRISTMAS! I can't wait to give Sean all of the things I got him. And I can't wait to see what he got me! I think married christmas is going to be so much fun and I can't wait for Prime Rib with my family that night! and to give them what we got them! oh, christmas. so fun. 
i think that's all. 
but i also think i need to share this adorable picture of my sweet husband sleeping:
love, Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment