Monday, May 2, 2011

out of the way

here are some things i'm just going to start off with and get them out of the way quick. like a bandaid:


  1. bin Laden is dead. How dead, we have no idea. Apparently he was buried at sea and all i've seen are the pictures of his blood on his carpet. They say they wanted to take him away alive but it almost looks like he was napping, the way the blood was right next to his bed... anyway. he's dead. i don't think it's really right to be cheering that he's dead, rather be cheering that we are one step closer to ending all this insanity. All we have to do is wait and pray that they don't try to fight back.

  2. my first AP test is over. It was probably the one i was fearing the least, actually. It's one thing to have 2 AP classes, but totally different to have 3 tests. it's killing me. i really need to start doing yoga after school and going to bed earlier. but we all know that's not happening. hah. instead, i think i'm just going to keep reminding myself to stay calm, don't get too anxious, breathe, and think about what lies ahead: marriage. jk. probably getting a job and then college and then marriage. you know, the norm.

  3. This "Royal Wedding" business. Some people think it's no biggie. But seriously, it's pretty big. Yeah, they kinda went overboard with their budget... but who, with that kind of money, wouldn't. Kate is becoming a stinkin' princess for cryin' out loud! What little girl doesn't dream of that (and don't say, "me. i was a tom-boy." because i know that, deep down, we all want to marry Prince William or Prince Harry (personally, i choose the latter.))? Plus, it was a beautiful ceremony (minus the hours of singing and talking about Princess Di. I understand it's sad that she's dead, I just think we need to stop dwelling on the sad past and look to the brighter future.) with awesome hats. hah.

now that that's out of the way... here's some cool things i'm excited about:



  1. Emily asked me to be a model! okay, i'm just going to admit it. I watch WAY too much tv, and with that come ANTM. yeah, i know... I just love looking pretty and practicing "smeyes" (smiling with your eyes - Tyra). I think it'll be tons of fun and a really cool experience.

  2. On Thursday, my yw group is going to the Tulip Festival! All the pretty flowers and it's supposed to be warm that day (75 degrees, i hear.)! And half of my end-of-year-final-huge-tests will be over. it'll be a great way to recharge for the next round of stress. It'll be great. i kinda wish we could've gone to the Carl Bloch exhibit, but it's okay.. maybe the next time? if there is one?

  3. Friday, hopefully, i'm visiting UVU. I've tried to book a tour 3 times now. and all 3 times they've cancelled. My mom said "if they cancel again, you're going to another school." great. what school? I've denied the other schools and their scholarships already. I mean, i could go to Weber but there'd be less scholarship and i'd stay home. Sounds fun and all... but i think i need to experience life. i'm nervous, but i can do it. i just need to keep telling myself that.

  4. GRADUATION. let me just say it, i'm totally stoked for graduation. maybe not the ceremony... but definitely all the parties and the friends and the free stuff and the diploma and the food and gifts. it's gonna be great. and it's comin up like a rocket. aka speedy. very. It'll be super great! AHhhhhhh!

i think that's enough excitement. for one night, eh? cool. now i'm going to bed and sleeping in. Late-start, ya'll!


-Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment