Saturday, May 21, 2011

One Word: Noob.

that equals me. I just got a twitter and they're such work! you have to come up with witty things, compete with others for attention, keep up with jokes and stuff... it's tiring, really. I have more than half as many followers as I do me following them(what? that doesn't even make sense? but it does. if this was like 2 years ago, no one would know what the heck i was talking about and probably put me in an asylum...). I don't know how to make twitter better though! because it eliminates all the boring junk facebook has but is not nearly as interesting. Why can't there be a happy medium?! whatever... i'll just keep going and maybe i'll get the hang of it or get @mentioned or something. meh.

Also, i've been hanging out at the local open mic night like every weekend... it's fun and cool and i can only wish I was as good as half of them. or knew how to play the guitar... hah. i'll stick to my uke for now, thanks. Or, if I had some splurgin' money (stinkin' college. I STILL need a job!) i'd go for bass. but i don't. So i'll keep practicing and stop being such a dumb about my voice. I'll be singin' loud and proud one day and it'll be great.

tomorrow morn i'm playing the piano at the Legacy House (or whatever.) for their church service. I've only heard of any of the songs they are having me play. so i learned them in like 3 weeks and i'll be playing for crabby ole peeps. please bless they don't criticize me...

Being the first child, i have to take on a lot of responsibility in everything because I just do and i'm the first one (sibling) to graduate high school and I don't know what the heck i'm doing. I'm constantly doing something and i'm kinda stressed to the max about all this even though like 70% of it is partying and the other percent is boring speeches and something.

ugh. speaking of speaking... I have to give a talk at seminary graduation. I didn't even wanna go! Now I also gotta sing in it too. Why? I was never a big part of seminary, I just never missed any days and participated every once in a while. like a very average person does.

and seminary! I was asked to play uke in the end-o'-year assembly. golly wolly was a goose... this is gonna be great... i think i'm gonna have to sing too because a uke solo isn't as fun unless you know what song it is.. blah blah blah.

anyway... one nice thing is I just got back from a pretty relaxing vacation at Snowbird Resort. so nice... we swam in a pool. outside. while it was snowing. the pool was heated so it was great but it was sooooo cold after. so much. and i drew some stuff and we played games and watched movies and ate yummy food and slept. and i threw up the last night.. but then I was fine. hallelujah. And, when we got back, there was like a foot of snow on the roof of our car and I got out in my long sleeves and pants and promptly changed into shorts and a teeshirt and sandals.
-note- weird. i never wore sandals. ever. But lucky me! now the "gladiator" sandal is in style and that covers most of my foot so I'm not all self concious or whatever and also it stays on my foot so i'm not falling over or junk! wahoo!
blah blah.. i'm done.

night, all.
-Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment