Sunday, June 19, 2011

"I build the ramps"

a post devoted to my dear dad.

He's a guy.
The only guy I ever lived with.
The only guy i see every day.
The only guy I have the pleasure of sharing a bathroom with.
The only guy who drives our mini van, once for 8 hours in one day.
The only guy who comes into my room at night while i'm blogging or something just to have me look up a song or youtube video he thinks i'd like.
The only guy who once shouted at me for sneezing in the dark (funny story... hah. once, he was running down the stairs and i was just around the corner coming out of the bathroom and i sneezed and he didn't know i was there so he started shouting and freaking out about it cuz i accidentally scared him. hah).
The only guy who would buy me staking cups as a gag gift.
The only guy who, one year for christmas, had my sister and I buy each other CD's and then change out the covers with a copy of something we know the other'd be disappointed in recieving.
The only guy who will fix my car or my computer without anything more than me just mentioning it.
The only guy who pays for my dinner, my ticket, and my popcorn every time.
The only guy who tells me never to be afraid to ask for something.
The only guy who doesn't give a second thought to helping out a neighbor, even if it means sacrificing his whole saturday, possibly more, fixing their bikes or their computers or anything else when he could be "relaxing his eyes" or searching for music he remembers or doing a project he's been meaning to do for maybe months.
The only guy who goes on trek with 40 pound speakers and then runs down a mountain like a maniacal loon to give dirty teenagers letters from their parents.
The only guy who will listen to my boy problems and not flinch.
The only guy who will listen to my friend problems and back me up every time.
The only guy who will buy bongo drums just to have bongo drums. same with most anything he finds at the DI that has the possibility of being used slash actually working.
The only guy who lives with two teenage girls and a wife who might be equally "quirky".
The only guy who would say "I'd want a hamster if it could hip-hop" because of a commercial.
The only guy who takes out our cat litter every week because no one else will do it.
The only guy who comes home from a long day at work and still does the dishes before going to bed.
The only guy who could really handle the incredible task of being ward clerk, stake clerk in charge of AV stuff, guy who helps outside techs fix stuff at work, neighborhood bike guy, DI frequenter, cat-lover, and most importantly... drum roll... mine and Abby's magnificent Dad.
"[Dad], That's number 1!" (hot rod rip-off quote. oh, yeah.)
HAPPY FATHERS DAY!
I love you!
Love, Ellen.

No comments:

Post a Comment