Tuesday, September 4, 2012

On crying.

I've only known myself to not cry. I don't usually cry at weddings or funerals or babies or cute things or sad movies. of course i have only up-close experienced a few of these things, but still. The other night at a bridal shower my HS friends threw for me, my little sister said "I've only known Ellen to cry like 3 times." Double that, and that's how often Sean has.

My question is WHY. Why do i cry so much around Sean? my thought is that i love his so much that i just trust him with my loving and frustrated tears. I guess i just unconsciously figured out that i'm going to probably go through my most difficult trials with him and that he should get used to it and learn how to comfort me now while it still matters little.

Anyway, why i bring this up is because i haven't been feeling very well this weekend. Last night, i was feeling particularly icky. So after a 'fun-filled' trip to puke-town, Sean was giving me a really good hug trying to calm my nerves. As he was hugging me i asked him to say a prayer. i explained to him that i was crazy, he chuckled and said a fantastic prayer. of course, like 3 words in i start sobbing. And i mean really gross, wet, slobbery sobbing. He laughs and comforts me.

I am super grateful for Sean. He is the most incredible guy for me. He really knows how to take care of me and comfort me and entertain me. Also, i get to marry him in 31 days. exactly 1 month from tomorrow. holy. crap. I am SO excited. WOO.

Alright, i'm going to go get ready for class and work and hopefully i can feel better soon and handle both.
okay, laters
love, Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment