Monday, June 25, 2012

HBD, MOM. (also music.)

Happy Birthday to my loving mother who helps me with all kinds of things and loves me and all that motherly stuff. 

I wrote a post back in May of 2011 all about my mom probably because of mother's day or something. anyway, i was looking at it and found some funny and true things i'm just going to repost. 

"I know my mom is never going to limit me. Ever. Of course there's curfews and 'don't date guys any more that 3 years older than you until you're in college' or something, but she's never going to say i can't love this boy because he's too anything or i can't obsess over this band because they're too whatever. She's going to support me in whatever I do and never hold me back with restrictions. And the restrictions that do hold me back, i make for myself because i was taught well. 'Cuz my [mommy] taught me good.'"

most funny.  mostly because of the part where i can't date guys more than 3 years older than me until college and what is one of the first things i do? Go falling in love with a guy 9 years older. haha. You wanna know something weird? it's really funny how i unintentionally predict my future occasionally. it's great. Here's another one.

"I really like when we go to the store for a wedding gift or something, pulling into the vehicle aisle (hilarious carr joke, if you didn't catch that.. but seriously, that's where we go first. it's got the fire extinguishers.) and go through the list. then we end up buying something kitchen-y, looking in the clearance for clothes, buying a candy bar, and eating it in the parking lot before heading home. i don't think i'll ever forget that."
 This is funny because now Sean and I now get ride-home treats. It's super great. Anyway, if you want to read the whole thing, here it is.

So that's all. Happy Birthday, Mom. You're great.

Love, Ellen.

One more thing. So on Monday, Sean and I and his brother Brady went to the Motion City Soundtrack concert and it was SO good. We liked both of the openers also and it was great.
here's some vids to check out from all the bands.

The concert started off with The Front Bottoms:
This is a great song and i really like this band and the vid is great. all of it.

Next up was The Henry Clay People:

They're great also. In the band, there are 2 brothers. the older one sings and the younger one looks like a mix between heath ledger and johnny depp. it's crrraaaaaaaaaaazy. anyway.

Finally, the headliner, Motion City Soundtrack:
I think this is one of the ones they played that i liked... anyway.

just thought you might like some music enjoyment. love, ellen.

1 comment: