Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Why today started out as quite possibly the worst day of my life...

you know what this is? a dam. a broken dam. that's like my morning.
Here's how it went down: Woke up, showered and got ready and all was normal. Left on time, didn't know about the 3 different construction sites (2 of them being new) and was running late to class. Got there 3 minutes (ish) late and then a girl in my class said "is it you're groups' day to present?" "Who is even in your group?" and i was like **** **** **** **** **** **** in my head and out loud i'm like "fml." The girl who was in my group never gave me the power point and the boy never did anything because he broke his collarbone.

So the teacher comes in and says where's the group who's presenting today and i raise my hand nervously and he says come up. shooot. so i go up there, quickly text my group and tell them to get their little fannys over here, and go to the EPA website and look up acid rain for to use it as my power point because, as aforementioned, i don't have it. I explain acid rain as best i can and how we can make it better and all that and then i go into questions and my prof says to not give me easy questions or hard ones, but reasonable ones and i answer them best i can with my partial-knowledge of the subjects.

I finish and the prof tells them to rate me gently due to the fact i went in alone and he also brought up his power point and said he'd go over it more in class next time and give us a "take home party" he calls tests. Then he says he wants to see me after my 10 o' clock class.

I go to my french class, take a test i feel okay about, buy myself some peanut butter m&ms, and chat with my friends for a sec. then i go back to my prof and we talk about why none of my group was there and if it was my fault for poor planning and all that. He tells me to come up with my own in-depth power point and send it to him along with 10 test questions about acid rain that will be on the next "party".

at least he was nice about it and didn't come down too hard on me. I told him like 3 times that i'd rather be in another group and that my group wasn't going to come together no matter how many times i tried. I was still stuck in the same "group". and one of the worst parts of it is that only the guy in my group apologized and said with it that he was going to drop the class anyway be he hadn't told me. And the girl was at work. Who schedules a class at the same time they work!? idiot.

But at least tonight will be better. I'm going to a sushi date with Erin. yummm.
and i've gotta get to work on writing a paper for my lit class. at least i'm going home this weekend. i neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it. a mill.


~elle camino

1 comment:

  1. that sounds do frustrating! i'm frustrated for you. omg. ugh. i hate group projects. ugh. gross.

    blah.

    rock on sushi.

    ReplyDelete