Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Under the Covers.

Dang, I'm clever.
Lately, at work the early morning bakers have been putting on a radio station that occasionally plays this song:

(FEEL FREE TO NOT LISTEN TO ANY OF THIS)

And automatically my face warps into something more like someone in the room let one rip rather than a song came on. Immediately, though, my mind jumps to something Sean gave me more than a year ago. 
You see, when we were dating, we'd gift each other mix cd's every once in a while and one of his last ones to me was a mix called "Mix Cover" and on it was the same song done by New Found Glory:
(FEEL FREE TO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE WEIRD VID)

And my mind sighs with relief. Since Sean and I have been married (so somewhere in the ball park of a year), I've been listening to a lot of New Found Glory. They have a neat album that has tons of covers called From The Screen To Your Stereo and it has tons of great covers such as:
(SAMEZIES ABOUT THE VID)

And "That Thing You Do", "Never Ending Story", and "Don't Wanna Miss A Thing". I highly recommend it. 
Some of my other favorite covers that I've more recently discovered include 99 Red Baloons by Goldfinger:
I love how it has the German part in the middle. CLASSIC.
Also, MxPx's 500 Miles:
It never strays too much from the original, but it's still fun and a little more upbeat. 
And try Cartel's Wonderwall on for size:
Great, right? So classic. 
Ben Folds does a great In Between Days:
This is one that gets listened to a lot when I'm in the shower. 
And you can never go wrong with a little Backstreet Boys done by Allister. 
Hah. So little. 
And to top it all off, the most creepy stalker song turned beautiful. You go, Copeland. 

I could put so many more on here, but I think this is enough. I've probably taken up too much of your time as it is. Still. I hope you enjoy. 
love, Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment